Tips For Choosing The Right Camping Backpack
A person who is not experienced with camping or hiking may think that all backpacks are the same, but that is far from the truth. For a camper who is serious about making the most out of a camping trip, a backpack can make or break an excursion to the woods.
Take the plight of a trekker who traveled to the Appalachians in 1994. Rather than a thrilling camping expedition, he needed to return home injured from the weight of an ill-fitted backpack that damaged his hips. A decade later, the same hiker, utilizing a backpack more suited to his needs, walked over 950 miles of terrain, turning what could have been another ugly experience into a more pleasant memory.
Loowoko Hiking Backpack, 50L Waterproof Travel Backpack Trekking Rucksack Mountaineering Backpack with Rain Cover for Men Women Outdoor Sport
Made of high-quality nylon fabric, water-resistant, tear and wear-resistant, reinforced straps, neat stitches, durable buckle with SBS Zippers, high quality and durable.
Top loading main compartment with gusseted girdle closure and adjustable top cover. Large front pockets, multiple zippered side pockets and a number of elastic bands, powerful storage features inside the bag, a hat room design, very convenient for outdoor sports.
Ergonomic design fits back structure, protecting your back while you are carrying a heavy load. Widened and adjustable straps help release burdens on the shoulder. Breathable mesh padding gives you a comfortable and dry hike.
Large Capacity: 50L capacity can hold all your daily necessities such as tent, moisture pad, sleeping bag, alpenstocks, clothes, climbing shoes, umbrella, iPad, Macbook, cup, shampoo, toothbrush, facial cleanser, first aid kit, rope, food, etc.
High quality professional backpack for trekking, camping, hiking. Main compartment with divider, hip-belt pockets, front pockets and side pockets to keep your stuff separate and organized
There are a few key tips you should bear in mind when selecting a backpack for the outdoors.
First, you need to assemble a fairly comprehensive list of gear you need to bring on the trip. Whereas some campers prefer to haul a bare minimum, others like to be well equipped and ready for almost any eventuality. Consequently, the size of your backpack is important. If you intend to camp or hike for several days – or even simply overnight -you need a sufficient amount of supplies to cover your time and prospective needs.
Second, make sure your backpack is comfortable to wear for a lengthy period of time. The best styles of backpacks distribute the weight in the bag evenly so that you can wear it comfortably for a few hours while hiking. Try it on at the store to ensure it meets your need. Some camping stores even provide weights inside so you get the full effect of the backpack. By placing these in the pack, you can walk around the store to get a sense of how well the weight distributes and how much you can actually hold while remaining comfortable and not overly straining your back or shoulders.
Third, select a frame for the backpack. You can choose between an internal and external frame, each of which has advantages and disadvantages. Internal frames are more slender and allow the pack to remain close to your body which makes it great for densely wooded and more narrow trails. They do not restrain your ability to move in the least, but are admittedly more cumbersome to load and sometimes do not hold as much gear.
LOCAL LION HWJIANFENG 80L Backpack for Outdoor Sports Hiking Traveling Trekking Camping Waterproof Mountaineering Ultralarge Capacity Internal Frame Men Women 80L+5L
- BREATHABLE & COMFORTABLE: Adopted suspension air exchange carrying system, the bag does not touch body directly for maximum breathability. Made of durable material, not easily deformed. Designed according to ergonomic, can more effectively fit the spine curve.
- MINIMAL PRESSURE: With thicker waist support pads and 3D sponge pads, can effectively transfer the weight of the shoulders to the crotch, good for energy conservation, and delay muscle fatigue caused by long-distance traveling. Shoulder belts used honeycomb breathable mesh fabric, can relieve shoulder pressure.
- EXTRA LARGE AND EXPANDABLE STORAGE SPACE: The main compartment has a large capacity of 80L. Using drawstring to close the main compartment, you can expand the capacity.
- VARIOUS HANGING SYSTEM & ORGANISATION SYSTEM: With lanyards, you can hang climbing stick, tents, folding chairs and so on. The hanging ring on strap can hang the kettle, flashlight; Bottom compartment can carry sleeping bags or shoes. Top compartment can carry clothes. Both sides are equipped with large-capacity pocket (about 2L) , can carry a large number of trivial items. With zipper pocket on both waist strap, you can put the small items in it, like mobile phones, flashlights.
- SECURITY GUARANTEE: The backpack can protect the body from emergency as a buffer, the top compartment can protect the head. With whistle on strap, you can use it in the emergency situation.
External frames, on the other hand, are great for clear walking paths and wider trails and are generally easier to pack. However, they tend to restrict mobility because they are larger and less flexible, making them seem more uncomfortable at first. External frames are the best option, though, when buying a backpack for beginners or children.
Finally, when purchasing a backpack, take into consideration whether it is designed to work efficiently with weather sheets that help protect your pack against dew and rain. Also assess how attachments can be accommodated for your pack. Most backpacks have either rings or snap-ons (or both), allowing the convenient integration of accessories with your pack.
Finding a backpack doesn’t need to be a challenge if you familiarize yourself with options ahead of time. By following these few tips, you should be able to purchase one that fits your budget and your camping experience needs, helping to make sure you have a wonderful adventure in the woods.