One of our top 10 hiking regions of the world.
The Dolomites are a mountain range located in north-eastern Italy. A tourist mecca, the Dolomites are famous for skiing in the winter months, mountain climbing, hiking and climbing in the summer.
- a wonderful region mostly in Italy
- Italian: Dolomiti; German: Dolomiten
- limestone geology results in fascinating shapes and colour
- named a UNESCO World Heritage site
- highest peak Marmolada 3,343m
- convenient airports include Venice, Munich, Milan, Innsbruck, Verona
- easy access to trails of all all levels of ability and experience
- very good tourist infrastructure
- convenient, efficient public transport. Buses & trains run on time.
- best weather for hiking mid-June to early October
Check our Dolomites information page.
Click PLAY or watch it on YouTube.
(via Adventure Blog)