Click PLAY or watch a 1-minute preview on YouTube.
John Muir Trail
If there’s a hiker’s paradise on earth, it’s the JMT in the Sierra Nevadas.
213 miles without a road. Fantastic weather. 11 high passes. Unbelievable nonstop vistas. And Mt Whitney.
AT A GLANCE
- Yosemite, Ansel Adams and John Muir wilderness, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks
- start in stunning Yosemite, Muir’s “Range of Light”
- 223mi (360km) to Whitney Portal adding sidetrips to Half Dome, Vermillion Resort and Mt. Whitney 14,505ft (4,421m)
- 15-21 days recommended
- carry your own food and tent
- JMT about 10% the length of the Pacific Crest Trail
Read more on our John Muir Trail information page.