One of our top 10 day hikes in the world
Once called the most dangerous pathway in the world.
- Caminito del Rey is near Ardales in the province of Málaga, Spain, Andalusia
- first built 1905, the walkway had fallen into disrepair and was partially closed for nearly 15 years due to deaths
- re-opened in 2015
- new pathway still offers a walk of 2.9 km
- 1 metre (3 ft) wide climbing over 100 metres (330 ft) above the Guadalhorce river
- the entire trip from the start at the town of Ardales to finish at Álora would be about 8km and might take 3-4 hours
- originally built to provide access to workers at hydroelectric power plants Chorro Falls and Gaitanejo Falls
World → Europe → Spain → Caminito del Rey
For details click over to our Caminito del Rey information page.